Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fashion shoot 'in the city'

Lusanda is on this whole 'fashion mission' and it is producing very interesting work. In her own words...

"This turned out way more difficult then I thought. I was fun difficult though. I enjoyed running around and looking crazy at Warwick Junction(eMakete). I guess two highly made up girls with a camera following them around is unusual eMakete. So we got lots of curious looks and appeals to appear in "the magazine". I didn't want disappoint any one so I said yes.

I think we did well with trying capture the "new girl in the city" feeling I wanted. The is a juxtaposition between the clothing and jewellery and the surroundings the models are in. I wanted the feeling of the city in my context. Creating a contrast between the surrounds and the way they are dressed. I also feel like the character (Holy Golightly) says in the movie "nothing really bad can happen to you here". I really do feel eMakete is safe. It is crazy but safe.

In retrospect I would have organised the location better rather then just wing it. It could have given me more variation in the photos that were taken and save time, if I had decided on the specific places I wanted to go. Maybe find a way to do the wardrobe changes closer to the location because that takes up alot of time. I did have fun doing this and would do it again!

Thank you to Kristy Carlson(photographer), Controlled Chaos(Clothing) Vuyo (Model), Cristy(Model), Robin(Makeup) and Ben(Art Direction)."

No comments:

Post a Comment